Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mussels anyone?

After a very delightful sunday morning breakfast...
I came by a roadside stall with a hand written signboard saying ' Kupang Segar'(fresh Clamp)
Out of curiosity... i stop by & ask about the price...
So the Malay guy is selling some green oyster mussels....
When ask bout the price.... He told me It's RM3.50 per Kilo.... RM10 for 3kilos...
Being tempted by my housemate who went to Perth & had delicious Chilly Mussels not so long ago
I decided to grab 3 Kilos....
So how much would all these cost in a super market?

Could anyone clarify it for me??????
It's like back in India where the locals doesn't know how to differentiate the fishes where they sold me a star grouper(星斑).... I'm not very sure bout the actual English name for this grouper...
but according to my dad... it's about Rm6 per 100 gm....
So... this would make up around RM80-90 for this.....
I got it for RS70.... (RM6.50)
Place with CHINESE.... Are we the race that really know how to eat or we're just damn good business people???


so....
Additional to my dinner tonight....
Salted bake Mussels....

& gosh... It's fresh & delicious!


Before i decided to bake it so simple...
I actually went online to see is there any simple recipe for it...
but all i found is just how to remove the sand from it...
& according to wikipedia.... cooked Mussels can be pale yellow & orange... Which they never say why.... i actually found it in my bunch of mussels too... pale yellow, yellow & orange~ haha


& seriously....
It's delicious.... This is what i had on myown.... immediately following my dinner... muahahaha
This is not Durian what.... eat how much also nevermind 1 right...... heh







I'm here by officially announcing the opening of my new blog with 2 of my partners... Blake & Dhee...

Bloggers In Arms

Please support as it will encourage my wonderful partners to write in their entry sooner~~
haha

No comments: